Welcome!

Hi everyone! Feel free to leave encouraging thoughts and any helpful ideas :)

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Almost a year...

I am coming up on a year of weight loss, among other losses. The spark that ignited my journey to be healthy was the death of my mother. My mother was beautiful, smart, and lovely, but she was not healthy. She was an alcoholic til the end and died due to stage four cirrhosis of the liver. Now, I do not drink much due to this factor, but I was still unhealthy. I was way overweight, my cholesterol out of control (partly due to the lovely genetics of my maternal side), and just unhappy with my health. Along the way my body has posed many daunting road blocks, arthritis in my knees, tendinitis and bursitis in my shoulder, a leg contusion from our recent car wreck (darn thing still won't go away), etc... Although all of these things and other smaller things like colds have happened, I have not stopped in my journey. I will not give up on my family, friends, and most importantly myself. Once I hit my goal weight of 165, this journey will not end but continue as it is important to stick with a healthy life style. The one year mark of this journey will officially be 2/23/12. I will post progress pics then and will have a much happier blog :) Thank you to all of those that have supported me and will continue to support me. Most of all I would like to say thank you to my soul mate and best friend, DJ. I love you will all of my heart and could not have survived this year without you.
-Ali

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! so proud of you! You're setting such a good example for people to over come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you -- and so amazed at your strength and persistence to reach your goal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Greta :) Now if I can just get over this plateau and get on with more weight loss I'll be ecstatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. Love you too babe. Extremely proud of you and this is just one of those reasons. :)

    ReplyDelete