Welcome!

Hi everyone! Feel free to leave encouraging thoughts and any helpful ideas :)

Monday, January 2, 2012

Updated Progress Pics

Hope everyone had a great holiday! I know that this time of year is when people make fitness/health resolutions. As lame-o as this may sound, don't call them resolutions, call them goals and you may find you are more likely to succeed. Also, do not set yourself up for failure. You will not be perfect, you will have days you eat like crap, and there will be days you should work out and don't find the time/energy, blah blah (insert excuse). I have been there, will still have those days, we all do. This has been a long journey, with many bumps in the road, but I know that I am healthier than I have ever been. If you have any questions, need motivation, just send me a message and I will be happy to help in any way I can. Last soap box message, please use myfitnesspal.com. This website is an awesome resource. Good luck!
Progress Pics 02/2011-12/31/2011(40 pounds down, about 49 pounds to go)
r

4 comments:

  1. You look GREAT! Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell us how you've lost some of the weight? I use MyFitnessPal too... but just an idea of what else you do. I am starting my journey and any advice would be helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks G! Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anonymous :) I lost weight by counting calories and working out. I have recently been focusing on sodium and trying to cut down on sugar. I am also trying to drink more water and eat more veggies. I think the best advice I can give you is don't beat yourself up. There are days you will fail, the difference between the old you and the new you should be that the new you won't let one bad day or even week derail you from your ultimate goal. If you want to friend me on myfitnesspal I am alikat5544. Remember the weight didn't get put on in a day and it won't take a day to come off. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete